Wilderness Therapy Immersion
Deschutes Wilderness provides an intensive, individualized, and thorough healing process. Our nationally recognized, individually tailored wilderness challenge programs lead the way in relational model wilderness therapy. This program is designed for struggling youth needing immediate and longer-term treatment, and combines a challenging wilderness experience with an intensive clinical immersion. Deschutes' intervention services are designed to be a catalyst for positive change by fostering an encouraging atmosphere with an emphasis on safety, family involvement, and mastery. Deschutes Wilderness offers individualized treatment plans and optional psychological evaluations, as well as addressing family dynamics and academic needs.
Families should expect students to be enrolled at NVW for 60 – 90 days.
Our Wilderness Therapy Includes:
- Access to Lead Therapist at least 2 days per week
- Automatic enrollment in the Deschutes Wilderness Academy
- Clearly defined and categorized diagnosis
- Customized and individualized adventure education experiences
- Therapeutic activities with an intricate and intensive examination, assessment, and interventions that focus on the individual and family dynamics
- Group and individual therapy with at least two 1 on 1 therapy sessions per week with the opportunity for more
- Thorough intake assessment
- Continuing care plan recommendations
- Psychological evaluation available
Join Our Mental Health Professionals Newsletter
Instantly gain access to the study. Be notified of new studies in Wilderness Therapy, upcoming educational events, and conference appearances. No spam, we promise!